Omron B5T HVC Face Detection Sensor Module and Kit feature a Human Vision Components (HVC) Sensor that incorporates 10 algorithms of Omron's OKAO™ Vision Image Sensing Technology, including face recognition, expression estimation, and hand detection, which can be used to recognize the nonverbal behavior of people. OKAO gives the module the ability to detect faces at very high speeds and accuracy. The Omron B5T HVC Sensor Module's best-in-class facial detection technology is easy to use on a self-contained device, allowing designers to add intelligence and functionality to many applications and products with minimal effort.
Each HVC sensor includes the following functions: face detection, face recognition, age/gender estimation, gaze estimation, facial pose and blink estimation, facial expression estimation, and hand and body detection. The HVC sensor can detect faces of various sizes quickly and accurately. A person in various facial poses, expression, and illumination conditions can be recognized by his or her face with faces already registered in the database. The sensor can also estimate the age and gender of a face in various expressions and illumination conditions. The HVC sensor will automatically estimate various facial expressions (neutral, happy, sad, angry, and surprised).
The detection ranges are:
- Detection of human body = 2.8 meters.
- Hand detection = 1.5 meters
- Face Detection, age, expressions, blinking and looking = 1.3 meters.
- Face Detection
- The HVC sensor can detect faces of various sizes quickly and accurately.
- Face Recognition
- A person in various facial poses, expressions, and illumination conditions can be recognized by the sensor by comparing his or her face with faces already registered in a database.
- Age / Gender Estimation
- The sensor can estimate the age and gender of a face in various expressions and illumination conditions.
- Facial Pose, Gaze and Blink Detection
- The facial pose and gaze direction of a face can be estimated by the sensor, along with blink estimations in various illumination conditions.
- Facial Expression Estimation
- The HVC sensor can estimate, automatically, various facial expressions (Neutral, Happy, Sad, Angry and Surprised).
- Hand Detection
- Can detect the human hand when displayed in front of the sensor.
- Human Body Detection
- The sensor can detect the human body when a face is not clearly visible.