The Digilent Arty is a ready-to-use development platform designed around the Artix-7™ Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) from Xilinx. It was designed specifically for use as a MicroBlaze Soft Processing System. When used in this context, Arty becomes the most flexible processing platform you could hope to add to your collection, capable of adapting to whatever your project requires. Unlike other Single Board Computers, Arty isn't bound to a single set of processing peripherals: One moment it's a communication powerhouse chock-full of UARTs, SPIs, IICs, and an Ethernet MAC, and the next it's a meticulous timekeeper with a dozen 32-bit timers. Additionally, with the universally popular expansion headers (Arduino™ R3 Headers and our Pmod™ headers), Arty will become the most adaptable tool in your project toolbox.
- Xilinx Artix-35T FPGA:
- 33,280 logic cells in 5200 slices (each slice contains four 6-input LUTs and 8 flip-flops);
- 1,800 Kbits of fast block RAM;
- Five clock management tiles, each with a phase-locked loop (PLL);
- 90 DSP slices;
- Internal clock speeds exceeding 450MHz;
- On-chip analog-to-digital converter (XADC).
Programmable over JTAG and Quad-SPI Flash
- 256MB DDR3L with a 16-bit bus @ 667MHz
- 16MB Quad-SPI Flash
- USB-JTAG Programming circuitry (USB Micro cable required, NOT INCLUDED).
Powered from USB or any 7V-15V source
- 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
Interaction and Sensory Devices:
- 4 Switches
- 4 Buttons
- 1 Reset Button
- 4 LEDs
4 RGB LEDs
- 4 Pmod connectors
Arduino/chipKIT Shield connector
Includes a free licence key of Vivado Design Suite.
- Arty Board Artix-7 FPGA
- Digilent cardboard packaging with protective foam
Vivado Design Suite voucher