Note: Before using your 3D printer, make sure the power supply is configured to work with 220VAC.
The 3D Printrbot Metal Plus printer can used PLA and ABS filament. Is built mostly of metal and finished with electrostatic black paint. It has a metalic platform called "Hot Bed" to manufacture parts up to 25.4 x 25.4 x 25.4 cm (length, width and height). PLA uses a filament diameter of 1.75 mm (sold separately).
The print head moves on the Y (backwards and forwards), Z (up and down) and print the bed moves on the x axis (left to right). Print bed is made of warp resistant aluminum and includes a self-leveling sensor that works with the Repetier Host software.
This printer communicates with the computer via micro-USB connector, or if you prefer, you can use the microSD slot to load print files and take them out.
The 3D printers work by stacking layers of a melt on other until prototypes and form solid pieces, the instructions given by 3D printers are obtained by computational design file (.CAD). The impression material is provided to the filamentary extruder and deposited on the surface similar to a standard printer ink way. This printer with a single extruder, can be printed with one color at a time.
The thickness of the printed layers can be customized for each print, but the thinner layer than a printer can create is known as its maximum resolution. When printing with very thin layers you can create parts in more detail, but usually take longer to print.
- Build Volume X-Y-Z: 250mm x 250mm x 250mm (apx 10″ x 10″ x 10″)
- Print Resolution: 50 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included) as well as flexible and ABS
- Extruder: Alu Extruder (direct drive). 1.75mm Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height (see video)
- Print Bed: Heated: Max temperature of 100C – Mic 6 aluminum (0.3mm level tolerance)
- Construction: Powder coated steel and aluminum body
- Rails: 12mm Linear Rails
- Belt: GT2
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- As of 1/11/16, the Printrboard no longer ships with pins for EXP1, EXP2, I2C, or ICSP.
- Software:Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura – available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V 350W ATX power supply (included)
- Max Current Draw: ~5-9 Amps
Motor: NEMA 17 stepper.
- Simple settings config file.
- Super User Cam Watt config file.
- Instructions for loading the config file.
Parts to print:
- FirstCube.stl - File before using Slicer
FirstCube.g - Gcode End Code ready to print.
Windows 8.1 has signed drivers to recognize their Printrbot. For other versions of Windows, download from this link the required USB driver from here, right click on it and "Run as Administrator" to install the INF file. By following these steps, create a new COM port that can be used in Repetier Host.