- Program LPC21xx and other (tested with OKI ML674000) ARM flash microcontrollers.
- Uses ARM's standard 2x10 pin JTAG connector.
- No need for external power supply, all power is taken from the target board.
- Compatible with Rowley's CrossConnect, IAR EWARM and GCC (OCD) software for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do.
- With IAR EWARM you can write in assembler unlimited code size and to write in C with 16K limit for all LPC21xx arm microcontrollers.
- Works with free GCC C compiler and Insight toolchain and debugger.
- Dimensions: 50x40 mm (2x1.6') + 20 cm (8') cable.
In general: LPC20xx are very new parts, for some unknown reason Philips doesn't disclosure how to program LPC21xx Flash via JTAG which make hard time for the IDE developers. Perpahs Philips have problems with the Flash programming as it is now and is going to change the protocol in future and this is why they force all to use their bootloader IAP protocol. The only vendor so far who work this around is Rowley, they first load in RAM small own bootloader who then get data from JTAG and fed to IAP to write Flash segments thus making their product easies to use so far with LPC21xx parts.
- CrossWork for ARM (so far most recommended by us) C compiler and debuger from Rowley Associates, this is the easiest to use package we have tested, works smoothly with ARM-JTAG and programs both Flash and RAM on LPC21xx.
- EWARM C compiler and debugger (free for assembly language, 16K limit for C) from IAR Systems. Latest release can program LPC21xx Flash. C-SPY driver for ARM-JTAG have some glitches on newer and faster computers and does several crashes before connect to target. It works fine on older and slower computers though.
- GCC C compiler from Macraigor Systems. Works smoothly with ARM-JTAG but can't program Flash and user can compile debug programs in RAM then re-build for Flash and use Philips' RS232 bootloader.
- GNUARM another GCC toolchain from Arius.